- Apply – Students apply and then are accepted.
- Welcome – They receive a Welcome packet with login information to attend their online class.
- Attend Online – Students meet for a live, engaging online class led by their coach.
- Gather – Girls will gather in-person for an optional orientation to share their business and project ideas.
- Updates – Parents are updated throughout the 12-weeks.
Watch this brief excerpt from a real class.
- Just a computer with Internet access.
- Also, a quiet, regular place to attend class.
- 15 girls max. This allows us to have an engaging class with a powerful back-and-forth exchange.
- Professionals experienced in entrepreneurship and business
- Hold an MBA and/or other related degrees
- Excited and committed to help girls succeed
- Learn by doing
- Incorporate instruction with exercises and hands-on learning
- Educate girls on why curriculum is relevant to their college and career success
- The program’s development was led by Girls with Impact CEO, who has taught business and entrepreneurship at New York University and to groups and Fortune 500 companies.
- The curriculum team included experts from Harvard Business School’s Career Center and a 30-year guidance expert, Linda Woods.
- Often, yes. Talk to your guidance counselor or other school representative first.
- Tell them that the curriculum offers 33 hours of instruction.
- Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any documentation needed.
- If students face financial circumstances, we provide financial support.
- The application provides an opportunity to answer this question and information will be included in your Welcome packet.
- We have a two strikes, and you’re out policy. This is because it’s important that all students attend and avoid disrupting the class and the valuable relationships formed.
- If a student misses class, simply inform your coach via email or text
- Classes are taped and are available to view in the learning platform.
Yes, standards are:
- Respect for others – listen without interruption and respond to communications within a 24-hour time period
- Attendance – Attend class on time and at the specified times.
- No distractions — No eating or texting during class.